Church History

A Brief History

Twelve men organized St. Peter's Lutheran Church on January 25, 1862. On September 28, 1862, the first church building was dedicated.

 

Today's church, being the fourth built by the congregation, was completed in 1952. The adjoining education building was dedicated in 1961.

 

St. Peter's Christian Day School was opened in 1977. In 1992 the annex building, containing classrooms, meeting rooms, and a choir room, was completed and dedicated.

 

St. Peter's ministry continues to grow through our church, our school and our outreach programs to the community. 

 

© 2017 St. Peter's Lutheran Church and Christian Day School
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community